From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optical flow

Hi, I'm quite new in Labview. I am trying to develop a program to compute the optical flow between two consecutive frames in order to track a point in a real time webcam acquisition. 
To do so I am using the LKP block and at the end of every iteration the current frame is passed into previuos frame and then the new frame is acquired.
The problem is that the point is not being tracked since it maintains the initial position, I guess I am doing some mistakes with the frames updates but I can't figure out what it is.

I attach my scheme

Thank you 😉

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,264 Views)
couldyou upload your vi with lower version or send BD image
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,232 Views)

At the end I managed to solve it, thank you anyway Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,214 Views)

Hi,

I am not same kind of project so could you let me know how you made able the VI to track?

Looking for getting reply from you 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,212 Views)

Hi,

A very long time has passed since I created this topic and unfortunately I don't even remember very well the problem as you can imagine.

But if I recall correctly it was a problem of updating the new frame and pass the old one in the for loop, try to replace tunnels with shift registers in your loop.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,190 Views)