Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocr hangs

Hello to all,

I've a problem with the ocr read text function and I didn't found anyone with that problem. And that's strange.
The system it's on the client and has three cameras at a maximum speed of 50 per second.
Since the position is completely steady and there's no noise to filter I just use the ocr read text function in parallel. This works well for one or two but then hangs exactly on one of these functions. Making it necessary to kill the process manually.
I have tried on labview 2012, 2014 and 2015.
Does anyone had already this problem?

Best regards
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,220 Views)

Hi Jorge,

Can you provide us with the code you try to use ?

Do you have any error showing up when the program hangs ?

Regards,

Maxime L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,192 Views)

Hello Maxime,

After having this situation I made a fast modification to one example that you can find in attach. It's simply multiplied N times in parallel.

The function doesn't return error. It hangs and If I highlight in the control panel I can see that it's waiting for one "ocr read text" function to complete.

Br,

Jorge Amaral

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,189 Views)

Hello Maxime,

After having this situation I made a fast modification to one example that you can find in attach. It's simply multiplied N times in parallel.

The function doesn't return error. It hangs and If I highlight in the control panel I can see that it's waiting for one "ocr read text" function to complete.

Br,

Jorge Amaral

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,189 Views)

One update,

If I reduce the delay to zero and I remove the ROI forcing to search the complete image crashes the aplication.

This is not the situation that I have on my client but shows that something it's not right.

Br,

Jorge

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,183 Views)