cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCR in closed text

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Guys,

I have a question based on the Image attached. I am trying to do OCR through the text it says System Reset using the NI vision Assistant. It looks like the text is too closed and always missed a character.

Would someone with more experience advice how to tackle this issue?

Fernando H. Solórzano
HW Automation Test Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,317 Views)

Hi

Are you trying to read the characters or confirm that the correct word is on the correct button? If it is the latter then pattern match within a tight region will confirm presence/absence. The characters and spacing are very small, a higher resolution image would be better.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,312 Views)

I am trying to confirm that the correct word is on correct button. I am acquiring this image from HDMI so I dont know if the is possible to make any modification..

Thanks for your repply.

Fernando H. Solórzano
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,285 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ferchu

Teach the pattern match the word in the button and then set the search region of interest to be the button. You should have a really high score as your signal is digital, so set the threshold quite high on a match. If you have similar words/phrases "XXX setup" and "XXX signal" then split the pattern match into two so that the difference is highlighted. "XXX" should be tested and then the other word. If either one has a big difference then you have a problem.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,269 Views)

Thanks Mike, I appreciate your response and help.

Fernando H. Solórzano
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,218 Views)