Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a camera file for Baumer HXC13

Hi

I am trying to use the Baumer HXC13 camera-link camera with NI PCIe-1433 frame grabber. Although it's listed as

compatible, I can't find a camera file for this camera.

I've tried creating one using the Camera File Generator but have not had any success. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,377 Views)

Hi rcw2,

I would like to ask you a couple of questions to gain a better understanding of the problem: 

1)May I ask which version of Camera File Generator are you using?
2)Do you take any errors when you try to create the camera file?
3)What exactly do you mean by saying “but have not had any success.”?

To generate the camera file, you need to know some information about your frame grabber. Below I have attached a link which contains more information.
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9B89C9FA43A6973A86257A62004658D5

Following, you can find a link which is the search page for the Camera File Generator Support Pages. This link includes references to knowledge base articles, white papers and other relevant forums.
http://sine.ni.com/psp/app/doc/p/id/psp-723/lang/en

I hope this information will be helpful and you will be successful at your application. 

I look forward hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
Vasileios

Vasileios T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,353 Views)

>I would like to ask you a couple of questions to gain a better understanding of the problem: 

>1)May I ask which version of Camera File Generator are you using?

>2)Do you take any errors when you try to create the camera file?

I cannot grab any images from the camera. The CFG always reports 'Acquisition Timeout' regardless of the

settings I use. There are no other errors reported.

>3)What exactly do you mean by saying “but have not had any success.”?

I can communicate with the camera using Baumer's own configuration tool and set it in

a variety of modes. When I use the CFG in the matching mode, I always get a timeout and

cannot see any images from the camera. I didn't find any information in the links you suggested

which was helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,350 Views)

Hi rcw2,

I searched for the camera file of your camera. I found only the files for the Baumer Optronic HXC20 & HXC40. 
According to the following article you will have to generate the .icd file by using the NI Camera File Generator. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/05DCE3868362783586256FC8004F123C?OpenDocument

Below, I have attached an article regarding the location you should place this file after being generated

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FDA97BE2452830CF86256DBA007A70D8?OpenDocument

When producing the .icd file for your camera you can change the Acquisition Timeout. You can set this in to a big value, so it will have more time to acquire the image and communicate back to the camera before the timeout. You could also try to change the Bits per Pixel to a lower number as well as the Maximum Width & Height. By this way, you will decrease the image size and hence the interaction will be faster. 

Regards,
Vasileios

Vasileios T
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,347 Views)

>When producing the .icd file for your camera you can change the Acquisition Timeout. You can set this in to a big value, so it will >have more time to acquire the image and communicate back to the camera before the timeout. You could also try to change the Bits >per Pixel to a lower number as well as the Maximum Width & Height. By this way, you will decrease the image size and hence the >interaction will be faster. 

I have tried combinations of Bits per Pixel and Tap modes with very long timeouts but no frame is returned from

the camera.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,342 Views)

Hello, 

Could you give me more information on your camera file settings? 

1. Bits per Pixel?
2. Acquisition Time?
3. Maximum Width?
4. Maximum Height? 
5. Tap mode?
6. Do you have any of the Advanced options enabled? 

Thank you, 
Vasileios

Vasileios T
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,331 Views)

>Could you give me more information on your camera file settings? 
>
>1. Bits per Pixel?

8 bits

>2. Acquisition Time?

10000ms

>3. Maximum Width?

>4. Maximum Height? 

1280x1024

>5. Tap mode?

10 tap interlaced vertically, but have tried most of the possible modes.

>6. Do you have any of the Advanced options enabled? 

No

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,309 Views)