From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI1433 callback example

hi,

for my NI1433 (and a Basler camera) I would like to have an example that shows how to read a Frame with an external trigger and a callback.

I have configured the camera with the NI MAX to trigger on external trigger and I see a moving gradient picture. However with a C++ code (sorry for a reduced copy-paste, which is mostly as-it-is), and I can see only the first call of the callback function when the program starts. It looks like the trigger function is not reset (?). Please see the code below:

uInt32 __cdecl Callback(SESSION_ID id, IMG_ERR err, uInt32 signal, void* data) {

printf("callback fired boardid=%x, err=%d, signal=%x, data=%p \n", id, err, signal, data);

return 0;
}

int configureFramegrabber(void)
{
int error;
unsigned int bitsPerPixel, plotFlag = 0;
char intfName[64] = "img0";
errChk(imgInterfaceOpen(intfName, &Iid));
printf("imgInterfaceOpen: %#08X \n", Iid);
errChk(imgSessionOpen(Iid, &Sid));
printf("imgSessionOpen: %#08X \n", Sid);

IMG_SIGNAL_TYPE signalType = IMG_SIGNAL_ISO_IN;

void* callbackData = 0;
errChk(imgSessionWaitSignalAsync2(Sid, signalType, IMG_FRAME_START, IMG_SIGNAL_STATE_LOW, callback2, callbackData));

printf("ROI width: %d, height:%d, top:%d, left:%d, bits:%d \n", AcqWinWidth, AcqWinHeight, AcqWinTop, AcqWinLeft, bitsPerPixel);
printf("FULL width: %d, height:%d, top:%d, left:%d \n", CanvasWidth, CanvasHeight, CanvasTop, CanvasLeft);

return 0;

Error:
printf("Error section, error = %d \n", error);
return 0;
}

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{

CHAR ImaqSmplClassName[] = "Imaq Sample";

configureFramegrabber();
Do_MTStuff_Loop();

return 0;
}

Could you please point to a working example code?

thanks!

Igor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,918 Views)

noone?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,872 Views)

From http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370161G-01/imaqfr/imgsessionwaitsignalasync2/

Note  The return value of the callback function determines the behavior of the driver for subsequent signal assertions. Return zero to disregard future signal assertions. Return a non-zero value to continue to receive callbacks.

Looks like you are returning 0 in your callback.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,868 Views)

that's a nice link, thanks!

dont' know yet if your answer helps to solve the problem, but definitely helps me.

cheers

Igor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,860 Views)