From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Vision 2014 and .NET

NI released NI Vision 2014 (or parts of it).

I use just NI Vision for .NET. We've spent a lot of time until we learn it. But as i bad joke (or may i say, "irresponsibility of NI") , i read in:

"NI Vision Acquisition Software .NET Support

NI Vision Acquisition Software February 2014 was the last version to release updated support for the .NET Framework 2.0, .NET Framework 3.5, and .NET language integration into Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Visual Studio 2010 and later are not supported.

New versions of NI Vision Acquisition Software will not provide new .NET feature support or development. It is recommended that you begin new development in other supported development environments."

and

" NI Vision Development Module .NET Support

NI Vision Development Module 2013 SP1 was the last version to release updated support for the .NET Framework 2.0, .NET Framework 3.5, and .NET language integration into Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Visual Studio 2010 and later are not supported.

New versions of NI Vision Development Module will not provide new .NET feature support or development. It is recommended that you begin new development in other supported development environments."

Ok. after my experiences with NI Vision in 2 years, was i not a big fun of NI Vision anymore. But as said before, we have spent time and money for it.

there is no remarks or warning in "NI Vision Acquisition Software Release Notes February 2014" and "NI Vision Development Module 2013 SP1 Readme" , that NI will not provide new .NET features after these releases.

What is wrong with NI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,312 Views)