Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI VBAI TCP Communication With Staubli CS8 Controller

Hi sprayer,

sorry for the late response, I will try it tomorrow and I will give u the feed back for sure! and thank you very much for your time!

Shiva

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(1,895 Views)

Shiva,

I had asked you if you have access to LabView or other programming language. One problem you may experience is that the Staubli will timeout waiting for an input string and crash your program. I don't think HTerm has the ability to send a keep alive string, it only sends what you type when you hit ENTER. We use a custom LabView program so if the user stops typing for more than 1 second, LabView starts sending 'Keep Alive" to the Staubli so the connection is not dropped. The alternative is to drastically increase the Staubli timeout from 5 sec to maybe 300 sec (5 minutes) depending on how fast or often you are sending text.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(1,891 Views)

sprayer,

very useful information, but i dont have any access to lab view 

Shiva

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(1,890 Views)

Hi Sprayer,

1. Yes, we need a gender changer for connection

2. I have opened my H-Term, I couldn't found Properties>>Settings>>ASCII Setup in file  (I am using HTerm 0.8.1beta). I couldn't found 'Send Line Ends With Line Feeds' option as well

3.In HTerm connection I have choosen Com12, and I couldn't found TCP/IP (Winsock). Where i need to check the TCP/IP (winsock) option in H Term or else in Stäubli software?

Thank you.

Shiva

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 30
(1,884 Views)

Shiva,

Well, I am confused. We run WinXP which has HTerm 5.0. I could not find a reference to anything older than Win2000 had HTerm 4.0 - and that is already 14 years old. What operating system are you using? I think your work would be greatly benefitted by connecting a Win2000/XP/7/8 computer to the Staubli. I am not sure I can solve the communication problem if you are using HTerm 0.8. I do not have access to HTerm 0.8 or anywhere to download it from.

-Sprayer

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(1,873 Views)

Sprayer,

I am using windows 7 professional. So, should I try downloading a old version of Hterm? 

-Shiva

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(1,869 Views)

Sorry, now I am more confused. In your earlier post you indicated that you had HTerm 0.8. Did Win7Pro come with HTerm already installed, or did you have to install it? Since you have Win7Pro HTerm should be detecting your ethernet card. The Hilgraeve website says v7.0 is the newest for Win7/8. I am still not sure where you got HTerm v0.8 from. Please try to download version 5, 6.3, 7. Maybe post/upload a screen shot of your HTerm about window. Thanks.

We will get this sorted out. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30
(1,869 Views)

Sprayer,

Sure i will send you a screen shot on monday and I will let you know exactly my Operating system as well.

I have to instal it seperatly! could you please send me link where to download these versions, I have tried but couldn't found these versions.

Thanks for your support 

-shiva

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(1,868 Views)

Hello Sprayer,

I am using microsoft windows xp professional version 2002 service pack 3. I am attaching HTerm screenshot as well, please have a look.

Thank you.

Shiva.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(1,861 Views)

sorry forgot to say that, I am not able to find any other versions of HTerm. could you please send some links of other versions?

Thank you.

Shiva.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(1,861 Views)