Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCIe-1433 cable issue

I have basler aca2040 180km camera and NI PCI3-1433 card. Both work well most of the time, but occassionally, the camera would stop acquiring data. I checked the camera in the MAX; the camera initially was able to acquiring data, and then after a few seconds it errored out, with a time-out error. 

The interesting part is if I unplug and plug the cable, the camera started working again. It worked every time. But after a while, you have to repeat this again. 

Is this a cable issue? Should I order new cables to see if it matters? Does anybody else see this before?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,848 Views)

Hi MengHuiHanTang,

How long does your camera work before you start running into this issue? Is there any corolation to this problem or does it seem fairly random?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,823 Views)

The first thing i would do is replace the cable and check whether the problem persists. Did you change any timeout setting in max?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,817 Views)

This issue does not happen often, and it seems to be random. I used to think it was related to dust maybe.

I might start from replacing the cables first to see if it matters. If it does not happen to the new cables for, say, 6 months, I would be sure that it was a cable issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,808 Views)

Also is there a chance that the camera might have got physically damaged? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,804 Views)

I don't think so. This issue has shown up repeatedly, but the camera is still acquiring images fine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,802 Views)