From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCIe-1433 cable issue

I have basler aca2040 180km camera and NI PCI3-1433 card. Both work well most of the time, but occassionally, the camera would stop acquiring data. I checked the camera in the MAX; the camera initially was able to acquiring data, and then after a few seconds it errored out, with a time-out error. 

The interesting part is if I unplug and plug the cable, the camera started working again. It worked every time. But after a while, you have to repeat this again. 

Is this a cable issue? Should I order new cables to see if it matters? Does anybody else see this before?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,877 Views)

Hi MengHuiHanTang,

How long does your camera work before you start running into this issue? Is there any corolation to this problem or does it seem fairly random?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,852 Views)

The first thing i would do is replace the cable and check whether the problem persists. Did you change any timeout setting in max?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,846 Views)

This issue does not happen often, and it seems to be random. I used to think it was related to dust maybe.

I might start from replacing the cables first to see if it matters. If it does not happen to the new cables for, say, 6 months, I would be sure that it was a cable issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,837 Views)

Also is there a chance that the camera might have got physically damaged? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,833 Views)

I don't think so. This issue has shown up repeatedly, but the camera is still acquiring images fine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,831 Views)