From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-MAX noncontinuable exception

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

See the attached screen shot. When I try to change the camera file in NI-MAX, I get this "noncontinuable exception". The file in question worked last week, and in fact NI-MAX won't let me change to any camera file that should work with this camera.  The camera is an evaluation board from a sensor vendor, and the .icd file that I'm trying to switch to came from them - it's actually working with my modified .icd file. To me, this is the strangest part: the hardware is working, everything is talking to each other, I just can't change camera files.

I tried running NI-MAX as an administrator, thinking corporate IT might have pushed out a permissions change. When I run as admin, and select the new camera file, NI-MAX just crashes, no pop-up, and the file still doesn't change.

Windows 7; NI-MAX 14.5, LV 2014

PCIe-1433 framegrabber

I'm going to try saving a file in Camera File Generator. I'll post more info if I learn anything.

Thanks!

MADman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,140 Views)

Quick update: I edited the ICD file that's working (removed the attribute I had added), saved it to a new filename, and tried switching to the new file. Same error message.

BUT

I made a copy of my file, using Windows Explorer copy/paste, then used NI-MAX to switch to the copy. That worked, and switching back worked, too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,136 Views)

I also tried repairing the NI-IMAQ installation. Not sure it really changed anything.

I have this thumb drive with LV2015 on it. I'll install that and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,128 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sdmadman

Installing LV2015 did indeed fix the NI-MAX problem. So some part of my previous installation got corrupted. When I tried to repair the installation earlier today, I didn't have the VAS installation media handy (or I may have deleted the download like an idiot), so I skipped that repair. Seems likely now that the problem lay in VAS somewhere.

Cheers!

MADman

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,120 Views)