cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-MAX noncontinuable exception

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

See the attached screen shot. When I try to change the camera file in NI-MAX, I get this "noncontinuable exception". The file in question worked last week, and in fact NI-MAX won't let me change to any camera file that should work with this camera.  The camera is an evaluation board from a sensor vendor, and the .icd file that I'm trying to switch to came from them - it's actually working with my modified .icd file. To me, this is the strangest part: the hardware is working, everything is talking to each other, I just can't change camera files.

I tried running NI-MAX as an administrator, thinking corporate IT might have pushed out a permissions change. When I run as admin, and select the new camera file, NI-MAX just crashes, no pop-up, and the file still doesn't change.

Windows 7; NI-MAX 14.5, LV 2014

PCIe-1433 framegrabber

I'm going to try saving a file in Camera File Generator. I'll post more info if I learn anything.

Thanks!

MADman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,143 Views)

Quick update: I edited the ICD file that's working (removed the attribute I had added), saved it to a new filename, and tried switching to the new file. Same error message.

BUT

I made a copy of my file, using Windows Explorer copy/paste, then used NI-MAX to switch to the copy. That worked, and switching back worked, too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,139 Views)

I also tried repairing the NI-IMAQ installation. Not sure it really changed anything.

I have this thumb drive with LV2015 on it. I'll install that and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,131 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sdmadman

Installing LV2015 did indeed fix the NI-MAX problem. So some part of my previous installation got corrupted. When I tried to repair the installation earlier today, I didn't have the VAS installation media handy (or I may have deleted the download like an idiot), so I skipped that repair. Seems likely now that the problem lay in VAS somewhere.

Cheers!

MADman

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,123 Views)