Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-IMAX not showing camera under ImaqDx

I have a recer 4k GIGE camera worked fine under windows & and multiple versions of IMAQdx.  Switched to Windows 10 and imaqdx 15.5  and new PC and no camera in MAX any more.  The PC is a new intel i7 NUC with a I219 chipset.  Tried all the usual- set it to no firewall, Jumbo packets on, license is good.  Is there something I am missing.  Even installed basler pylon and that had no problem seeing the camera.  Running out of options and wasting way too much time on a "plug and Play" solution.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,168 Views)

Some of my customers had similar problems with IMAQdx 15.5.  They upgraded to 16.0 and that solved the problem.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,155 Views)

Yes the upgrade solved the problem.  I do now have a new problem,  the new network card drops packets.  I got jumbo packets on and no firewall.  I test the same camera on old pc with the older intel 1000 card and no lost or resends.  new I219 network card and I can see lost packets (missing data in image) periodically.  Cant find any information on optomizing the packet size and resend options to not lose any packets.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,014 Views)

I might sound stupid, still let me ask these:

-How are you triggering camera?

-Was there any OS difference between the PCs you mentioned?

-I am assuming you tested with same EXE or LabVIEW version am i right?

-How frequently are you noticing the packets loss?(How you detect?)

-There should be some camera parameters that are related to the camera’s performance on the network, did you try tweaking them?(Chapter 5 in manual)

-can you check with Basler Pylon and confirm if you can notice the same packet loss?

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,011 Views)