cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-IMAX not showing camera under ImaqDx

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

I am trying to grab images from my Ximea usb3.0 camera on LabView,but it is not detecting the camera. 

Here are the specifications:

Labview 14.0(32-bit)

NI-MAX 14.0

I have installed NI-VAS 2014 also.

The camera is displaying live feed with its own software(Ximea viewer) but its not getting detected by Ni-MAX. In NI MAX, Imaq dx is getting displayed under my systems>softwares but there is no imaqdx in devices category.

My problem is similar to this: 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/quot-NI-imaqdx-devices-quot-folder-not-showing-up-in-NI-MAX-U...

I know this question is already listed many times but none of the previous solutions worked for me, so please help. 

P.S.  I am new to this forum, so please ask if I have missed any required information.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,910 Views)

Hi mahin,

first of all, what Camera do you use? Can you be more specific than to name the Camera Vendor?

Is it an USB3 Vison Camera or just USB 3.0?

The National Instruments VAS supports only USB3 Vision Certiefied Cameras.

Try updating your VAS, that could help for newer cameras.

VAS February 2015

Best wishes

Tenshinhan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,886 Views)

Hi Tensinhan!

I have installed the latest version of VAS(14.5.0) but still it wont show the camera.

The camera specs are:

Ximea xiQ

USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Vision Camera

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,847 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mahim

Hi,

have you tried to switch the camera to the USB3 Vision Mode?

It has to be in this mode to use with VAS.

Switch Camera Mode

Best wishes

Tenshinhan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,843 Views)

I am trying to do it but my XiCOP(Ximea control panel) is not starting. The xiViewer is displaying the live acquisition but XiCOP is not responding when open. I reinstalled the API Software Package but still same.

Is there any other way to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,838 Views)

Hi,

as linked above, this has to be set up in the camera.

For other ways how to do this, you should contact the vendors support.

When the camera is set up to USB3 Vision Mode it will be found in the VAS.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,835 Views)

Thank you it worked. I haven't switched it to vision mode and that's why NI-MAX was not detecting it but now everything works.

Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,828 Views)

Hi all

I had the same problem with a U3 camera from ids. The camera also worked with the software from ids (ids peak) but did not show up in ni-max. In my case the solution was to change the driver in the windows device manager (Update driver -> search on my computer -> select from list of drivers). At first the NI-IMAQdx-driver did not show up, but another second suggestion (other than the vendor-driver); i selected this other driver, then opening ni-max, the camera appeared and I was promted to choose the NI-IMAQ driver.

Now it works with ni-max

Screenshot 2022-08-26 123310.pngScreenshot 2022-08-26 123424.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,950 Views)

I have an IDS Imaging U3-3860LE-C-HQ Rev 1.2 and when I first plugged it in with IMAQdx 20.6.0 installed the camera was recognized but threw 'Error 0xBFF69002 - Invalid Parameter' when I tried to select the device in NI-MAX.  I installed IDS peak cockpit v1.8.0.1 and it works with the camera fine but then the camera doesn't show up in NI-MAX.  I followed the advice of tom_ifms and changed the Windows driver except my only other choice was 'USB Composite Device'.  When I select that the camera shows when I restart NI-MAX, but if I try to select it I get an error that the camera is not associated with an IMAQdx driver.  So I right click on the device and change that but then I get the 'Error 0xBFF69002 - Invalid Parameter' all over again.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(654 Views)