From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Acquisition Assistant...how to control parameters (exposure)?

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning guys,

I'm using a IDS UI-5490 RE camera (GigE) with LabView and the Acquisition Assistant. It works fine, and in the assistant I can control everything I like.

But from the outside of this express VI, there are no controls to set exposure for example. I can only select logging path and image prefix?

parameters.PNG

inputs and outputs assistant.PNG

Do I have to do it without the assistant like it is explained here:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5750/en/

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,889 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joptimus

Hi joptimus

I just did some tests and noticed that if you select Continous Acquisition instead of Single Acquisition, you get the option to add the Camera Attributes to the Controls.

If you want to stick with Single Acquisition, you can either just set the end condition of the while loop around the continous acquisition to true or else you will need to work with the low-level functions.

However in this case I would recommend configuring a continous acquistion with the desired controls and converting the generated Express VI to a SubVI (Right-click "View Front Panel").

Then you can use this as a starting point for your own Acquisition Configuration.

Hope this was helpfull 😉

Best,

Corinne

Corinne Doppmann
Application Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(3,864 Views)

Thanks, that was very helpful!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,854 Views)