From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Integrated Webcam is recognized by MAX but not as IMAQ device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I'm using IMAQ 14 and IMAQdx14 with LabVIEW 2014.

I am able to use my webcame both in MAX and in Vision Assistant, but when I'm trying to generate vi, in Creation Wizard, IEEE1394 Image Acquisition is grayed out.

When I'm using triggered image acquisition and select cam0 as interface name (name of my camera in MAX), I'm getting error code: -1074397163 (NI-IMAQ: The passed in interface or session is invalid.)

In MAX, I can see and use my camera, but it's listed directly in Devices and Interfaces (not under NI-IMAQ devices)

I can't find if it's direct show compatible... Is that mean that my camera is not supported by IMAQ? Is there a way to controll if from LabVIEW?

Thanks

Karol

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,340 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author siadajpan

Hi Karol, 

Since you are able to use the camera in MAX, it's DirectShow compatible. The reason you're getting that error is that your device is not compatible with the IMAQ driver. Instead, you should be using the IMAQdx driver and corresponding IMAQdx VIs. Once you use those, you should be able to control it in LabVIEW. It isn't an IEEE1394 device either, so I think it's expected that any options for that would be grayed out. Hopefully that should get you going down the right path, but please post again if you have any trouble with the VI generation you're doing.

Thanks,

Katie

Message 2 of 4
(4,323 Views)

Hi

Thanks a lot Katie, that was it.

Karol

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,313 Views)

Hi Karol, 

In Vision Assistant you want to set up the acquisition by selecting "Acquire Image (1394, GigE, or USB)" instead of the regular "Acquire Image."

Hope this helps, 

Katie

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,305 Views)