Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Vision. "Stacked Sequence Structure"

Hi.
I have a doubt. Thank you for the cooperation.

Most examples found in the LabVIEW Help that are related to machine vision, used the structure "Stacked Sequence". Is there a technical reason for this to be done in this way?.

Ing. Jonathan E. Cruz Ortiz

ENERGÍA PROACTIVA S.A.S

Cel : (+57) 3173669343 - (+57) 3124451894

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,656 Views)

Absolutely not.  In some circles, the stacked sequence is frowned upon as an inferior method.

I think they are intended to show you the sequence of operation.  They are also a quick and dirty way of writing functional code.  Not the prettiest, not the best method, but fast and easy and gets the job done.

I would tend toward either a linear sequence with errors wired to maintain order of operation, or a standard state machine architecture for more complex sequencing.

Bruce

FYI, I am told that many of the LabVIEW examples have been rewritten for the next release.  I am not sure if Vision examples were included in the overhaul.

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 2 of 5
(3,651 Views)

Thanks.
Precisely for this was that I had my doubts. The courses always suggest minimize the use of these structures ( Flat  and Stacked Sequence structure ) and conversely increase the use of other structures as "state machines" for example. But I worried that the machine vision applications, will use this structure.

ENERGÍA PROACTIVA S.A.S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,645 Views)

You're totally right on this point. Maybe the extensive use of stacked sequence in LabVIEW examples can be realted to the fact that in the past NI employees were not allowed to sit for NI certification exams so they didn't take the rule too seriously Smiley Tongue or worse, they had trainnees make the examples Smiley LOL

Anyway I think somewhere on the community there is a place where you can submit examples.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,631 Views)

NI, Mysteries.

ENERGÍA PROACTIVA S.A.S

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,617 Views)