Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX only loads alphabetical first interface name

I've been using the Vision Acquisition software for a number of years, and have run into a consistent issue when setting up new computers with the vision acquisition software and an NI frame grabber in recent months.

When I try to load or save a camera interface, it doesn't default to the proper directory after a fresh installation. When I try to save the new interface, or load a different interface, the already-loaded interface stays active. I've found that if I restart the software, only the alphabetical first interface name in the directory can be loaded. It doesn't seem to matter which interface was loaded previously. So, if I want to switch to a new interface, I need to name all other interfaces to start with  a 'z' to get the one I want to load.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any thoughts on why this might be happening, or how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,901 Views)

Hi middletonegard,

Which version of VAS are you seeing this behavior in? Are you loading and saving the camera interface in NI-MAX or where are you doing this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,880 Views)

Hi Leeroy,

One of the installations I am seeing this on is Version 15.0.0f0 of MAX, which I believe was installed from the VAS_2015_08_F1 that I'd downloaded.

I try to open a different interface by right-clicking on the device (NI PCIe-1427) in MAX, selecting "Open Interface...", and it brings me to C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQ\Data. Regardless of which interface I choose, the "My System" device tree shows the same interface loaded, which is the first interface in alphabetical order in that folder. The camera file selected also remains as whatever is used in that interface file. If I change the names of the interface files and reload MAX, it seems to switch which one is selected to the new alphabetical first.

I've had the same experience when installing on a completely fresh-from-Dell computer a few weeks ago.

Using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Thanks,

Gard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,876 Views)