Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line scan sensor with FPGA PCIe-1473R problems

Hello everyone,

I am using FPGA fram grabber (PCIe-1473R) connent with two cameralink on medium configuration by Sensor Unlimited GL2048L InGaAs Line scan camera, which consist of 2048 pixels in line .

I am new with LabVIEW fpga. I have started from the "1-tap 10-bit camera with frame trigger" and follow the step to build and complie code to the board, successfully.

The problem is the displayed image seems like not synchronize (the image pattern moves) as the attached picture ..

The image pattern is supposed to be single pattern because I am using the camera as the spectrometer. It should contain only one pattern.

As you can see from the picture the image width that I set is 2048, which consist of 4 spectrum cycle and the indicated parameter "Acq'd Frame Width" is 512.

The questions: 

Can I chage some parameter to adjust the "Acq'd Frame Width" to 2048 equal to the number of camera pixels ?

How can I fix the moving image pattern ?

Any suggestion with the programming ?

Thank you very much.

Racha

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,492 Views)

Hello Racha,

I’m not sure if I understood correctly the issue. Do you mean that the same image is being repeated horizontally 4 times?

The Acq'd Frame Width Indicator is telling us that the frame grabber is only receiving 512 pixels clock per line. That would make sense if the case is that you are seeing the same image repeated 4 times as on the host side you are asking it to build a 2048 width image but that doesn’t affect the FPGA code at all.

What modifications have you already done on the 1-tap 10 bit camera Example?

Have you already configured the camera/sensor to have the same settings as the ones on the FPGA code?

Regards,

AGJ

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,455 Views)

i think Sensor Unlimited GL2048L InGaAs Line scan camera was fixed with a Image width of 2048 (showing 1024 due to 2-tap), only the image height could be configured. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,342 Views)