Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Interface with Cognex

Hello,

We want to use Labview as interface visualization of data from an image processing done in Insight environment with a color camera from Cognex.

What are the ways to recover data in Labview from Insight ?

Thank you for your responses.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(21,324 Views)

The question is what does this "In-Sight" software from cognex provide, what interfaces?

There is also an NI Insight -> NI Insight Connectivity VI's

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(21,317 Views)

Christian,

Cognex In-Sight has nothing related to NI Insight except the name!

Just two ideas: 

For communication with Cognex as far as I know, you can use In-Sight OPC server. So, you should be able to get data from Cognex through LabVIEW DataSocket.

For more deep communication you can use (probably) In-Sight Explorer SDK (but I don't know what is inside exactly).

And this link may be useful for you:

http://morethanfunctional.org/index.php?/archives/12-Running-Cognex-In-Sight-1721-in-LabView.html

Andrey.

Message Edited by Andrey Dmitriev on 05-19-2010 03:16 PM
Message 3 of 20
(21,306 Views)

Hey Andrey,

What I wanted to point out with my last post was that there are a lot of Insights, which, as you mentioned, very different Smiley Wink

I just wanted chema to be a bit more specific with his question, but it seems that I was not direct enough.

However, as far as I know, I believe Cognex Insight provides an ActiveX Control that you can call in LabVIEW.

I would recommend to contact Cognex too with this question.

Here you can signup -> http://www.cognexsensors.com/support/SmartListManager.php?langtype=1033

Thanks,

Christian

Message Edited by Christian_M on 05-19-2010 08:47 AM
Message 4 of 20
(21,297 Views)

the simple answer is yes you can. either by using the insight sdk or by using native mode commands depending on what you actually want to do. if you just want to read/write cell values then native mode commands is easiest, if you want to actually replicate the insight software in a labview front end then you'll need the SDK

get in touch if you need to buy the SDK.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(20,241 Views)

Somebody ?!?!? , I am looking for some examples for Cognex In-Sight Explorer control via LabView

I have some job file for In-Sight Explorer and I should be able to lunch it and to get the value of specific cell .

Please HELP!!!!!

@stewbert wrote:

the simple answer is yes you can. either by using the insight sdk or by using native mode commands depending on what you actually want to do. if you just want to read/write cell values then native mode commands is easiest, if you want to actually replicate the insight software in a labview front end then you'll need the SDK

get in touch if you need to buy the SDK.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(19,691 Views)

Hello,

I find that COGNEX with labview comunicate by activeX, but i don't find how to make Icogimage to Icogimage8grey.

if someone is faced with this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(17,099 Views)

hi , please post that code labview + cognex interface 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(16,990 Views)

Hy Guys,

I know it's an old thread, but anyone have an example of how to use labview with a cognex camera?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(15,183 Views)

Hi, i dont have the original code, but it was using Telnet to connect to the camera using the Cognex Native mode commands.

assuming you are talking about an insight camera.

If it is the visionPro software then that is all .net and alot more complicated 🙂

Regards

Stewart.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(15,172 Views)