Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW PDF417 grading

Hello!
I'm searching for code which could provide PDF417 grading.
Such features exist for Data Matrix code and 1D barcodes, but I can't find anything for PDF417.
Could anybody help me with it? May be you can recommend any open source code or functions from OpenCV?

Thank you in advance,
Nikita

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,905 Views)

Hi goodbooroondok,

If you have the NI Vision Development Module (VDM) there is a function called IMAQ Read PDF417 Barcode VI that can be used in LabVIEW.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281AA-01/imaqvision/imaq_read_pdf417_barcode/

If you're not working in LabVIEW the standalone environment NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (VBAI) has a function called Read 2D Barcode that has an option for PDF417.

I hope you find this information helpful. Have a great day!

- Kale

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,881 Views)

Hi, nikale!

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have VDM and I know about IMAQ Read PDF417. But I'm searching a solution to providing  grading ot the PDF417 quality . Thats mean - evaluate print quality of the code according to ISO 415, ISO 416 standards. As I say, such functions exist for Data Matrix code, but unfortunately I can't find something suitable for PDF417 code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,866 Views)

Hi goodbooroondok,

There is not an existing VI that evaluates PDF417 barcodes in this way. I am not familiar with these standards but a program could likely be written to evaluate the image of the barcode to see if it is in compliance, assuming these standards refer image contrast. I would mention though that I anticipate it would require very controlled lighting.

Have a great day!

- Kale

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,842 Views)

Hi Kale!

Thank you for your answer.
Yes, you are right, that standards assume using of special adjusted lighting, and that there is not complete solution in labview to provide PDF417 grading.
I hope that anybody could advice me any OpenSource solution in any language or prepared dll...

Best regards

Nikita

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,804 Views)