From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW matrix to graylevel picture

I'm using camera mightex bte-b050-u and using the example the comany gave using labview i created a 2D array and want to transform it into a graystyle photo. I have no idea how to do it since i don't know labview and using the code in matlab it has many errors. I'd appreciate if someone could please let me know how I can take this 2D array and represent it as a gray scale photo. (beam profiler if you wish)

P.s

I have no idea why they ignored 28 "words" so i just tried going with that logic and transform it to my camera according to the pixels i have.

After there will be a graystyle photo, I need to:

1. find max of the array value and index.

2. have an option if I want to:

2.1 do nothing with the info (in that case i don't need 1 as well)

2.2 find FWHM on the x-axis and y-axis around the max (to know the diameter)

2.3 and also the same as 2.1 the 1/exp^2 of the max value on the x-axis and y-axis from the max value. 

(about 2: if it's a laser beam there will probably be an ellipse with both axis lengths)

so I want to choose if to show 2.2, 2.3, both or do nothing from this except the image only. 

I'd appriciate help with this.

Thanks,

Eli

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,247 Views)

IMAQ ArrayToImage VI: Creates an image from a 2D array 

Array Max & Min FunctionReturns the maximum and minimum values found in array, along with the indexes for each value.

Since, you are beginner, start atleast with free tutorials:

NI Learning Center

NI Getting Started

LabVEW Basics

3 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

6 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

LabVIEW Graphical Programming Course

Using the Context Help Window

LabVIEW Inbuilt Examples

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,228 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I found some examples on the internet and trying t figure out what i'm doing wrong since it doesn't show me the picture. 

can someone please take a look?

Also, the max index(es) show me only one index and not both. how do i use both of them? (row and col)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,201 Views)

did some changes. 

There is still no photo buy intensity graph works.

Also, a code that works in matlab, doesn't work here and I get an error

"Error 1050 occurred at LabVIEW:  Error occurred while executing script. Error message from server: ??? Subscript indices must either be real positive integers or logicals."

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,191 Views)

so i finished what i need.

attaching the file if someone wants to use it as well.

there are some mistakes but that's fine for my use.

if someone knows how to show the picture and not just the intensity graph please write it here .

Eli.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,180 Views)