From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAI GO 5000M-USB Camera

Hi all
   I have a JAI go 5000M-usb camera, it's a USB 3.0 interface camera, but it cannot be detected by NI-max. use the camera own software can grab images. please kindly help about this.
labview:  14 f1
NI Max:15.0

NI-VAS 2014

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,621 Views)

Hello,

I have the same problem. I followed the instructions to use the JAI GO 5000M-USB camera with NI-MAX but it doen't detect the camera.

The point 5 of this Getting Started article shows how the camera should appear in the Device Manager. Nevertheless, in my case it appears under "Universal Serial Bus devices" category instead of "NI Vision Acquisition Devices" or "Other devices", as it can be seen in the attached image.

I checked all the cases of the "Troubleshooting" section of the Getting Started article but these were not my case (my camera comply the AIA USB3 Vision Specification, the NI-IMAQdx driver is installed, the USB is compatible with USB 3.0, etc.). Moreover, my camera works properly with the JAI-camera software, so I discarded some possible problems with the camera.

I will really apreciate your help.

Best regards,

Víctor M.

University of Valladolid (Spain)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,299 Views)

Hello,

Based on the image you attached (thank you -- that's always very helpful!) it looks like perhaps JAI has their own driver that's bound to the camera that's preventing it from being detected by IMAQdx.

Try following these instructions to manually associate the camera with the IMAQdx USB3 Vision driver instead. (I know it's old and says Windows XP, but don't worry about that - the steps should still apply). Then I would expect that it would show up under NI Vision Acquisition Devices in Device Manager, and then would also be detected in MAX.

Hope this helps,

Katie

Message 3 of 7
(4,292 Views)

Hello kensing,

You are right. The problem is that I have to uninstall the JAI driver and use the NI driver.

I read it in the first comment of this Knowledge Base page of JAI, and it worked with my camera.

Thank you for your help.

Best,

Víctor M.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,288 Views)

Hello,

I had a similar problem with my camera JAI GO 2400M USB. I uninstall the driver given by JAI and now I can see the camera in NI MAX however when I click on it I have an error message (see ImprEcran_1.png). The camera has a correct driver I think (see ImprEcran_2.png). If you have any ideas how to solve the problem will be great !!

Many Thanks,

Violaine

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,224 Views)

I also have the JAI GO-2400M-USB.  I have an error in MAX.  When I click on the camera I get an error message that says "Error 0xBFF69011 unable to get attribute."  I cannot access the camera with MAX.  I am using MAX version 17.0.0f0 and IMAQdx version 17.0.0.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,099 Views)
Message 7 of 7
(4,079 Views)