Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAI EL-2800M-PMCL 4-Tap Confiruation with NI-1429

Hello,

We have a JAI EL-2800M camera that we are trying to get working in a 4-tap configuration.  The camera size is 1920x1280 with a max frame rate of 60 FPS.  We are trying to use a NI-1429 or NI-1433 with the camera as CameraLink Medium.  The camera supports a 1 tap and 2 tap setting that produces 15 fps and 30 fps respectfully that we can capture in the Camera File Generator.  When in 2-tap we use the Interlaced Vertically setting in NI Camera File generator.

The manual for the camera describes the 4-tap configuration as interlaced vertically split horizontally.  It is similar to the "4 Tap Split Interlaced Vertically" setting in the Camera File Generator except with the 2 taps as top and bottom, not left and right.

Does anyone have a camera file for this camera (or its color counterpart EL-2800C) or know how to setup the camera file to work with a 4-tap configuration "Interlaced Vertically split horizontally"?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,662 Views)

Hi Milo88,

I think I have a good idea of the tap configuration, but could you post the manual or a visual representation of the tap configuration. I want to make sure that we are on the same page so that we can see if we can help.

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,632 Views)

Hello FuManWho, Here is a link to the manual, we are using the mono-chrome version of the camera.

http://www.1stvision.com/cameras/JAI/dataman/Manual_EL-2800PMCL.pdf

Page 24 and 25 describe the different tap configruations available. We are able to get 1X_1Y (figure 12) and 1X2_1YE (figure 14) working properly.  We get an image off the 1X_2Y3 (figure 13) configuration but the second half of the image is up side down and we are not able to correct it.  I assume this issue would also apply the the 1X2_2YE configuration.

We are trying to get the 1X2_2YE (figure 15) configuration working properly.

Thank you,

Sean

Screenshot 2016-01-13 at 7.11.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2016-01-13 at 7.11.52 PM.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,627 Views)