Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is IMAQ Generate Pulse3.vi Pulse Train Retriggerable?

I'm working on a vision acquisition application using a line scan camera in which I use IMAQ Generate Pulse3 twice to generate two pulse trains: one to trigger the start of each buffer, and one to trigger the acquisition of each line.

The timing of these signals is important since I also use them to trigger the writing of voltage samples that adjusts the position of the optics in my system.

I know that the generation of the pulse train from IMAQ Generate Pulse3 can be configured to begin on the assertion of another signal. My question is, if I configure the pulse train to begin generation on the assertion of another signal, will it restart the generation each time the signal pulse is detected, or will it just begin the generation on the first assertion and ignore future ones?

For reference, the relevant part of my VI is below. This instance of IMAQ Generate Pulse3 is generating a pulse line on RTSI_0 and is triggered by RTSI_1. If the signal on RTSI_1 asserts multiple times, what happens to the signal on RTSI_0?

I think I could write a VI that would test this, but I figured to ask first in case somebody else has encountered this before.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,006 Views)

I did write a VI to test this, and I found that it does not retrigger the pulse train. When the first assertion occurs in the signal, it starts the pulse train and future assertions are basically ignored. Attached is the VI I wrote to test this.

Since I believe retriggering would help with synchronization in my application, if anyone has ideas on how to accomplish this I would be grateful.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,982 Views)

From looking through the documentation, it looks like you either select a pulse train or rearmable, but not both since both are configured through the "Pulse Mode" control.

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,921 Views)