Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface with Imperx VCE-ANEX03 frame grabber

I am having some trouble getting an Imperx VCE-ANEX03 frame grabber  to work consistently with the LabVIEW examples provided by Imperx.  I am using an old ELMO CCD camera, the most up to date firmware and drivers provided by Imperx and LabVIEW 2013.

The frame grabber and camera work fine in the image acquisition application provided by Imperx, VCE Express.  However, when I try to run the LabVIEW examples provided from Imperx, sometimes I get good images and sometimes they are either all green, have horizontal black lines through them or are otherwise highly distorted.  I also get an error code:  VCEANCB_Snap Frame code 5006.  From what I can tell VCEANCM is a dll file that drives the frame grabber, and Snap Frame is one of the functions in it, that the example is calling.  I cannot find any information on what the error 5006 means.  After I get this error, I cannot acquire another image with LabVIEW or the Imperx application until I restart the computer.

I don't think this is a hardware issue because everything works in the Imperx application and I have tried 3 different identical cameras with the same results.

I have tried adjusting the camera settings and gotten it to work a little better.  The error occurs ~5-10% of the time that I run the program.

I emailed technical support at Imperx twice in the last two weeks and have yet to receive a response.  There is a little documentation on the drivers in the SDK from Imperx, but I have not found it to be helpful.

Does anyone have any experience with this frame grabber?  Any ideas what the problem may be, configuration settings?  Anybody have a good contact for Imperx support?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,929 Views)

Hi,

I am sorry to hear or your troubles.  I am the head of technical support for Imperx and I would like you to email me directly .  I have looked through our support ticket system and do not see any communication about this, however, I am happy to help.  Please email me your contact details so I can begin working with you on troubleshooting this.

email.gif

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,895 Views)

Sorry to revive an old thread but I am currently facing a similar issue with one of these cards, were you able to solve the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,187 Views)

I never got the VCE frame grabber to work correctly with LabVIEW.  I ended up using LabVIEW to launch VCE express with the System Exec VI and then triggered the camera via the external trigger on the frame grabber with a digital output signal sent from LabVIEW.  But then the external trigger on the frame grabber didn't work as specified, it took between 30 and a several hundred images each time I triggered it when it was setup to snap 1 image.  Technical support at Imperx sent me a different version of VCE Express and then the trigger worked fine.  It was cumbersome but it worked until I bought a modern camera with USB interface.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,179 Views)

Vinnyfla,

I see that you posted to our support site so I will reply to that one.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,166 Views)