From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface cognex developed application to Labview

Hello all,

In my application due to customer requirement we are using cognex quick build for image process and labview as front end.

Can anyone guide me how to call a cognex jobcode  *.vpp from the Labview.

I am using labview 7.1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(8,757 Views)

HI ,

Have you got solution ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(7,483 Views)

I don't think you can call a VisionPro file from LabVIEW direct. You would need to build it into the Visual Studio app or .NET assembly and then call it from there through the .NET api probably.

From what I rmember the VPP is just a configuration file for VisionPro to run. There may be a .NET assembly for VisionPro that you could then load the vpp file into and run, Much like you can do with VBAI.

Mike 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(7,478 Views)

HI MikeeB,

yes i need to run .vpp file using labview .net ,

but i am not able to connect labview with cognex, do you have any labview example file for labview + cognex quick build using .net 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(7,463 Views)

Sorry I don't have access to VisionPro anymore. I would look at the VB.NET examples that come with it to try and find one that loads in a .vpp file and then runs it.

Then use the .NET example Calling a Private .NET assembly VI you should be able to see how to call the relevant methods.

Good Luck

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(7,440 Views)

HI Mike ,

i have used .net platte to run .vpp file.

but i am not able to get output image and .vpp file output .

How to get process image output and results of the .vpp file

cog.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(7,437 Views)

There should be a results object that you can retrieve from the job manager after that. You should also be able to reference the image output of a step. This is all from memory as I haven't used this in 10+ years

Sorry I can't be more exact

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(7,428 Views)

Mike ,

thanks for the reply 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(7,425 Views)

can you share  your Vi to me ,  I want to know how to call VPP  in labivew .

wenluderen@gmail.com  is my  E-mail. 

Thank  you 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(6,235 Views)

Will you implement visionpro call with LabVIEW.net, can you give an example program, I now use "loadobjectfromfile" but unsuccessful, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(6,138 Views)