From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imaq dx driver for USB Camera getting hanged in Stop and Close Acquisition

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am using USB Camera model number FL3-U3-88S2C-C from point grey. It is acquring the image but when i am trying to close the session by IMAQdx Stop Acquisition and IMAQdx Close camera it is getting hanged. It is not coming out from that function.

Please suggest me some solution regarding this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,892 Views)

Dear Ajeet,

Is your camera in trigger mode?.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,885 Views)

Yes, My camera is in trigger mode and timeout is 1000Ms

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,879 Views)

Ajeet,

Actually your program waits for the trigger to exit from the current loop. Do this press STOP button and give one trigger and see.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,875 Views)

You are right, it is waiting for trigger but after timeout it should exit automatically. this is happening for other camera but only with this camera it is not happening. Trigger handled by other machine so i can't give trigger at the time of machine stop.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,873 Views)

Better you contact camera manufacturer for the support. 

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,860 Views)

Have you updated this camera's firmware to the new version that supports the USB3 Vision protcol? This will allow it to use IMAQdx's internal driver rather than the DirectShow interface to Point Grey's driver (which I suspect you are using).

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,852 Views)