From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image rectification

Hello!

I want to rectifiy two images, for creating stereoscopic 3D pictures. But when I use the block Get Rectified Image from Stereo, I always get the same error:

"IMAQ Vision:  This 3D vision function cannot be called on this type of 3d vision session."

What's wrong with it? Does it need a special session? I have opened the two files, but can't wire them together with the VI to get it to work.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,939 Views)

So far i have this:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,934 Views)

Hello gbbalint,

i think this is not possible, since you have to calibrate the stereo system first. You have to find the corresponding epipolar lines.

This is then used for more effective block matching algorithms, since the object on both images lies on the same epipolar line.

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,907 Views)

Did you ever get anywhere with this?  I also worked at this for some time and was very dissappointed in the Stereo Vision process.  I believe the functionality is all there but simply no way to make this veratile enough to use in a real world application --- I am interested in photogrammetry where the calibration process is simply not possible. I am still working at it and found some external software to do the 3-D stuff ranging from very expensive (auto-rectifcation) to fairly good but without auto-rectification.  If I can find a way to accomplish the auto-rectifcaition via Labview as a front end, I could make this all work using Labview and caling the 3-D stuff from a DLL. 

I have tried various methods with none fully filling the need.  Just wondering if you have had any succes with the rectification?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,737 Views)