Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image processing using high speed camera

Hello,

I am  using an IDT Motion pro x4 high speed camera to capture images and their further analysis. The camera came with some custom labview functions for setting camera parameters and many other stuff. I am working on a project in which I have to capture images at a very high frame rate of around 1000 frames per second. And then to calculate the number of particles in each image and their plotting on graph of No. of particles vs time. The camera is capable of getting 5000fps with high resolution and 20000 fps with low resolution. My problem is when I try to run the VI which I made , I get images only at 250 fps. How do I reach upto atleast 1000 fps. I am attaching my VI for reference. The units of exposure and frequency is in nano seconds. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,588 Views)

I'm having a similar problems with my work. Do note that adressing external devices using your graphics card is limited by the frequency of that card. That is all the advice I can give you

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,543 Views)

Hi Arshad,

please contact the manufacturer of your camera regarding to your question on adjusting the frame rate. This manufacturer delivered the camera with an own built driver which is the gate to communicate and configure the parameters of your camera. Checking the attached VI has not delivered any results or hints because the specific configuration VIs are not available without the driver VIs and they are not provided from NI. So please ask the provider of these specific VIs how to configure the camera to get frame rates above 250 fps.

Best Regards,

JoLe

National Instruments

Applications Engineering

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,504 Views)