Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image acquisition Bumblebee2 shows images only from one sensor

From BlueCheese's chart, it looks like you want format 7, mode 3 and use Raw16 format.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,513 Views)

Yup that exactly what i want. But i cannot change (maybe i'm doing that wrong?) to other format and i dont know why. The other thing i've noticed is that i have list of 2 devices Point Grey Camera and bumblbee like on the image attached. Still it won't accept bumblebee2 drivers which it proposed by itself. I've found something about changing mode here still i can't figure out how to do it in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,511 Views)

It looks like there is a driver issue.  The bumblebee may be using the wrong driver.  I would try to right click on the red X and see if you can select the IMAQdx driver.  Another option might be deleting both cameras, then unplugging and replugging the camera to reset the camera.  You might have to go to Windows device manager to fix things.  In any case, there should only be one camera listed.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,505 Views)

I've unistalled software provided with camera FlyCapture and unistaled drivers in device manager. So after i connect camera device manger detecs new hardware as Bumblebee2 and automaticly find some drivers.

When i go to MAX->Ni-imaqdx devices it pops up and when i try to run it i get error:

---------------------------
IMAQdx Error
Error 0xBFFF8016

The device selected is not currently associated with either the Legacy NI-IMAQ for IEEE 1394 driver

or the NI-IMAQdx driver.  Right-click the device to select which driver is in use.
OK   

Obviously i tried to choose driver form list (PGR Bumblebee2 BB2-08S2C) and it doesn't work. Where does MAX store drivers for hardware and how can I add new driver for my devices?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,498 Views)

You don't want to use the bumblebee drivers.  You want to use the IMAQdx driver.

The bumblebee driver is for using it with other programs.  MAX requires the IMAQdx driver so that it knows how to talk to it.

I am guessing the bumblebee driver does the image split and color conversion automatically.  Unfortunately, you have to do it manually when using MAX.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,492 Views)

Ok I've got this drivers thing settled, as u said I should have used MAQdx, now I can choose format 7 mode 3 and with using pan I can change from one sensor to another. Now I must think how to show 2 images simultaneously.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,484 Views)

Basing on datasheet from camera, I should choose format 7 mode 3. and Raw16 pixel format:

"To capture two images simultaneously, use Format_7 Mode 3. For monochrome cameras, specify Mono16 pixel format. For color cameras, specify Raw16 pixel format. Images are transmitted in byte/pixel interleaved format."

The main problem here is i can choose only Bayer GR16 in Pixel format. How can i change Pixel format field to desired value if there is no more option available?

MAX.GIF

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,473 Views)

Have you figured out how to acquire them simultaneously? I am trying to grab them in series but it's too slow, parallel acquisition would be a miracle!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,347 Views)

Hello, I managed to acquire two images (left and right in labview) thanks to your diagram.
I am now looking to have what is the type of picture that I send to the display to display it, is that it is a data, a table or is a vector I may declare in my own case that I built to make traitemant image with my own code in c. thank you in advance 🙂

opopo a écrit :

Well I've connected it like u said and still its not working, i have orginal image (which is 32bit RGB) but still there is no right/left processed image, there is no error or anything but 2 displays are blank. I think problem is somwhere else, BlueCheese posted datasheet from bumblebee2 which says camera can be configured to interleaved stero pairs using format_7 on MAX i have only one option to choose in Pixel Format: "BGRA 8 packed".

opopo a écrit :

Well I've connected it like u said and still its not working, i have orginal image (which is 32bit RGB) but still there is no right/left processed image, there is no error or anything but 2 displays are blank. I think problem is somwhere else, BlueCheese posted datasheet from bumblebee2 which says camera can be configured to interleaved stero pairs using format_7 on MAX i have only one option to choose in Pixel Format: "BGRA 8 packed".

opopo a écrit :

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,227 Views)

hassoun, how did you decode the the pixel-interleaved images? I tried to use the IMAQ Cast Image vi with 0 and 8 bit shifts, but was unable to see the separate left and right images, all I see is the original image in both the image displays in the front panel. On MAX, I have set up the camera to output the raw 16bit bayer image, at 16 bpp, and set to format 7 mode 3. Please help!

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,184 Views)