Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Processing Cells Manipulation

Hi Guys,

I am working on cells manipulation. Due to the nature of image processing which scans from a top-down-left to right approach, i am unable to fix a index number on the specific cell which I required this information in order to manipulate the cells as my command. The image processing will be running throughout the programme. As attached is the picture of the Imaq count objects i am using. 

On a side note, just want to ask a biology-related experiment if anyone encounter the same issue before, why is a cell easily stuck onto the surface as this action prevents the cells from being trapped once it get stuck on the surface of the cover slip. 

Thank you in advance,

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,666 Views)

Hello,

can you some apply some sort of parameter to list your cells in the same manner each iteration? For example, is it possible to sort the cells by area or perimeter, etc... Are these constant?

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,657 Views)

Hi Klemen,

Thank for the reply. Hmm.. The only thing i can think of is by their area, however, there is this possibility that new cells will just flow into the image since i am working on a microfluid sample yeah. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,636 Views)

Hello,

I do not understand why the top-down, left-right scan approach is bothering you? What would be your prefered approach? Because you can rotate the image and thus "customize" the scan direction. But I do not see how this could help you... Also I do not see any other way to sort the cells in a repeatable order (so that you can keep the same index from one iteration to the next - this is your problem, or am I mistaken?) unless you can describe your cells by some parameter(s)/feature(s) that can be classified...

Maybe someone has a better idea...

Best regards,

K

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,633 Views)

Hi Klemen,

The top-down left right is constantly updating the index number. For example, i have 2 cells with index 0 and 1. When a cell flow into my fitlered view from the top left corner, the entire index order will be rearrange. For the intial index 0 and 1 will now become 1 and 2 as index 0 is taken up by the new cell. The main reason i want to fix the index on the same cell is so i could manipulate it accordingly. If my index keep changing, there is not way i could carry out my desired action. 

Cheers,

Scott 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,619 Views)

Hello,

yes I understand your problem. But it seems to me that the scan direction has no effect on this... What if the scan direction was from bottom-up, left-to right and the cell flows in from the left bottom corner? You would have the same problem...

Or do new cells flow into FOV of the camera only from top-left corner? Could you count the number of objects and linearly increment the indexes of your cells? For example, the first cell that comes into the FOV of the camera has index 0, and when the next cell is introduced, the first cell will have an incremented index that equals 1. And so on...

But if the new cells come into the FOV of the camera randomly from left, right, bottom, top, etc... it would be more difficult. What you could do is calculate some parameters (check particle measurements in NI Vision Concepts)  for the cell you want to manipulate (at the time when you are sure this is the correct cell) and then compare these parameters with the cells on every subsequent frame. You can build a feature vector of these parameters and use classification tools. When you classify the cell, then you would have no problems manipulating it.

If your cell changes shape dynamically, then I do not see a way to do this.

Best regards,

K

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,615 Views)