From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas on presenting a DEMO using IMAQ

I am new to LabVIEW and I need some advice and help towards finishing my project.

I have attached a picture that presents two solar cells, one that is damaged and the other one which is in good working condition.

I have an automated system that inspects the solar cells while they have a reverse bias being applied.

I would like to extract useful information from the pictures (or actual video). I have also attached the current VI I have been using, you can give yourself a good idea of what I have done so far.

I have tried using a histogram, but the idea of having a delta function spiking up is not so apeseaing, therefore, I am trying to find out different ways to present the pixel intensity or a read out of the solar cells.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,547 Views)

Hi Selp,

You could use a Threshold on your image so the user could see a visualization of what parts of the solar panel are damaged. There is a good shipping example of this in LabVIEW. If you go to Help>Find Examples...>Toolkits and Modules>Vision>Applications>Threshold Example.vi. Then from that threshold and histogram you could give the user an accurate estimated percent of damaged or show exactly which cells are damaged. 

Tim O

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,521 Views)