From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx undefined error at IMAQdx Close Camera.vi

Hello,

I have a vi. controlling 4 cameras to capture images simultaneously. It used to work before perfectly. However, recently, it randomly generates the undefined error:

Error-1074360261 occurred at IMAQdx Close Camera.vi.

Sometimes it runs well, but sometimes it generates this error. I have to clue how it comes from. I'm using pointgrey USB3 cameras with NI driver. The cameras and computer are the same always. I've restarted computer and updated the newest NI VISA 15.5, which didn't work. The only change I can think of at the time is that the operating system on the computer was automatically updated to Win 10 5 days agao (It was Windows 7 before). And error popped up after the update of operating system. If so, are there any other addtional updates I need to make for Labview?

I attached the error and the code here. The code is only half of the complete script, but the other half is exactly the same as this one. 

ANY advice is welcomed! Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(5,094 Views)
I think some problem happen in your camera driver did you check your device manger?
also check your camera in ni max
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(5,069 Views)

I'm using the NI-IMAQdx vision USB 3 vision device driver. I just update the NI vision acquisition software to Feb-2016 version. However, when I run the script, it gave me another error whoen here.  Does that mean I have some issues in the Win 10 operating system?

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(5,052 Views)
did you check device manger?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(5,050 Views)

Yes. This is the screenshot of the device manager.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(5,047 Views)
it seem your device manger do not have problem lets go next step
open your NI max and see that if max could detect your camera or not
is no problem is there if yes problem is in your labview code and we have to go next step
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(5,041 Views)

Thank you for helps!

The NI MAC can detect all the cameras here. I'm worried about if this is the issue caused by the update of the computer operating system, since this error has never been generated before.  The error only occured in the camera close. vi. 

I've attached a figure of the codes in the original post.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(5,040 Views)
so you can open the cam but just close camera is not work
in this case it is better to repair your imaqdx first maybe it corrupt while update windows
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(5,035 Views)
The fact that you can open the camera indicates that the IMAQdx installation is correct and working.

Do you happen to know what XHCI controller your USB3 port is connected to? If you don't know offhand, is it an add-in card? Is it using ports on your motherboard? If so, what motherboard is it?

One change moving from Windows 7 is that the XHCI drivers move from being vendor-supplied to provided by Microsoft. In general, this is a good thing as Microsoft's drivers work very well on all the main chipsets out there, but maybe there is an odd issue with the one you have.

Eric
Message 9 of 20
(5,025 Views)

Hi,

I found that win 10 isn't compile with some drivers I have to use, so I just rolled the computer back to win 7. All the other issues of drivers were cleaned after that. However the issue with the IMAQdx comes more. Now, I can see all the cameras recognized in NI MAX, but when I tried to get the signal from the camera. I have this followling error:

Capture.JPG

I think this should be the issue of one module in Labview, but I'm not sure which one I should start to check and update.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(5,010 Views)