From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx frame done event not generated in executable

It appears that the IMAQdx frame done event, which generates fine when the code executes in the LabVIEW development environment, does not get generated in the the executable version of the code. This fact (development environment operation versus executable not working) is making it difficult to debug, as there are no errors generated. Help with debugging ideas is as appreciated as help solving why the event is not generated. This image shows how the event is registered:

Capture.PNG

Can share the actual code, but if it works in development environment, why share working code?

The VI using the IMAQdx frame done event is launched using start asynchronous call and runs without a front panel showing.

Capture00.PNG

I've debugged the issue in the executable to the point of adding polling of camera parameters; I can observe the last buffer number increasing; so the frame done event should be generated. This VI did have its front panel removed, so I edited the build spec to leave the front panel included. No change observed.

I've also created a simple test VI, and in this VI (development environment and executable) the event is generated.

I'm using LV2015SP1.

Thanks for your time - Chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,364 Views)

Hi cbl-amo,

Does the simple reproducing case that you have created also use an asynchronous call to launch the VI? If not, it may be worth trying to synchronously call the VI in the problem case to see if that makes any difference. It would be helpful to identify the differences between the working and non-working VI and systematically pare down the non-working one until it does not reproduce the issue.

Regards, 

Kevin K.

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments 

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,343 Views)

Kevin,

I took my simple example (which did not use an asynchronous call to launch the VI) and turned it into an asynchronous call and then created an executable. The event was generated as expected. Next line of debugging will be to trim away the original application (which is quite large), to just the exact camera code and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,308 Views)

I did some more testing and do not see this issue in less complicated executables; I've rewritten the code to use polling and it works as expected. Perhaps in the future I'll revisit this if I have more time, or if the performance of polling becomes an issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,302 Views)

Hi Chris,

I'm glad you were able to work it out. Feel free to post here if you continue pursuing this in the future.

Regards, 

Kevin K.

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments 

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,271 Views)