Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx consuming more time to capture the image

Hi All,

It's taking more time to acquire image from a GigE camera using IMAQdx VIs. Following is the configuration of the system.

Camera - IDS camera, model 5480-CP-C-HQ

NIC - Realtek RTL8111B 

I have tried with a sample VI (PFA) I could find it is taking nearly 8 seconds to capture the image. Please find attached the the timing details for the capture.

IMAQdx Open - nearly 3 seconds

IMAQdx Snap - nearly 500 seconds

IMAQdx Close - nearly 4 seconds

Is there anyone who has faced this issue? I would appreciate if you could help me in resolving this issue.

Into the pursuit...
Maverick
Download All
Message 1 of 4
(4,599 Views)

This camera is not GigE Vision, but rather IDS's own propietary protocol. I am assuming you are using their DirectShow interface to use the camera within IMAQdx. Your VI looks perfectly simple and I don't see any issues with it. Unfortunately this really points the issue to IDS's drivers and/or their interface with DirectShow.

Some other possible alternatives would be to switch to a GigE Vision camera (so IMAQdx interfaces with it directly), or perhaps try IDS's own LabVIEW SDK instead of IMAQdx and see if it works better.

Eric

Message 2 of 4
(4,585 Views)

Do you know if the case it takes longer to IMAQdx to capture the image is also presented in some type USB cameras?

For USB cameras, they must be USB Vision certified, or meet some kind of certificatified complaint?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,538 Views)
IMAQdx supports USB cameras running the "USB3 Vision" standard, as well as any camera device supporting DirectShow on Windows (but you are limited to the basic control interface DirectShow exposes and are using the camera vendor's drivers and DirectShow interface wrappers). In general, if you want to use your USB camera using the IMAQdx VIs, one that supports USB3 Vision is going to work much better than one that goes through DirectShow.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,524 Views)