Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx acquisition slows down

It stays pretty much constant even when the program becomes slow...

CPU 1.5%

Memory 260 MB

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,630 Views)

Also, new problem that might be related?

I have on my front panel a button that opens a second VI in which I can view what the camera sees. I used exactly the same code as for the scan but without processing. It works very well. However, when I stop this VI (with a stop button, so without stopping the main VI), then I cannot make a scan without getting a timeout from the camera. What surprises me is that the contrary works: doing a scan then viewing what the camera sees. 

The second VI in which I can view what the camera sees has "camera session" and "camera error" as input and as output. Can there be a problem if I use the same camera session many times in different VIs? Or what can be the problem?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,628 Views)
what you told prove us that problem is just in coding
some thing make delay in your code and this delay is time dependent one
tomorrow I start to analyse your code to find it
but I hope it is not messy code to anlayse
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,626 Views)

@kiroture wrote:

Also, new problem that might be related?

I have on my front panel a button that opens a second VI in which I can view what the camera sees. I used exactly the same code as for the scan but without processing. It works very well. However, when I stop this VI (with a stop button, so without stopping the main VI), then I cannot make a scan without getting a timeout from the camera. What surprises me is that the contrary works: doing a scan then viewing what the camera sees. 

The second VI in which I can view what the camera sees has "camera session" and "camera error" as input and as output. Can there be a problem if I use the same camera session many times in different VIs? Or what can be the problem?

Thanks again.

Without seeing your code it is hard to know for sure. I suspect all your issues stem from using the Ring acquistion model without properly releasing the images after you process each one, causing the acquisition to stall. I suggest you simplify things:

- If you're going to use the Ring VIs, do your processing in the same loop as the Extract Image call, and make the Extract VI always release pevious images.

- Or instead, just use the simpler Grab VIs which copy data out of the acquisition buffer instead, and thus don't have any way to stall the acqusition

- Don't try to use a producer/consumer model unless there is some benefit to your application (which I haven't seen in the code you have shown)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,614 Views)

Thank you for the advice. Actually, I am using 2 loops for acquisition and for processing because my camera acquires at very high speed (400-1000Hz) and the processing time is longer than the acquisition time. I agree I don't really need a producer/consummer model, I can remove it and keep only 2 loops (see 2nd attachement I sent before). 

I have tried Grab VI before and it did work better regarding the speed, but I was loosing a lot of frames at high frequencies and I decided to try the Ring acquisition model instead. Now I am not loosing any frame (or very rarely), only the speed is bothering me... But having all the frames is more important than the speed for my application, even if the speed is limiting.

It is very possible that I don't properly release the images, as you suggest. I just cannot see my mistake I think...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,611 Views)