From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx IP Camera: Error 0xBFF69035 The camera returned an unknown HTTP error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Thanks to the detailed advice at http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/Do-IMAQdx-and-NI-hardware-support-GigE-Vision-2-0/m-p/3164373... we've decided to switch from GigE cameras to IP cameras (Basler BIP2-1920-30c) to reduce CPU load.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble acquiring images from the camera via IMAQdx. When I click "Snap" in NI MAX, I get "Error 0xBFF69035 The camera returned an unknown HTTP error". What could be causing this? (The only other thread I've found is http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/camera-return-to-unknown-HTTP-error-in-Ni-Max-during-the-IP-axis/td-... but the proposed steps refers to GigE documentation which isn't relevant)

Notes:

• The camera is plugged directly into LAN port 2 in the PXIe controller (PXIe-8135).
  • I can ping the camera.
  • I can see the camera's video stream via its web interface (using Internet Explorer to browse to http://169.254.75.137/webapp ).
  • NI MAX detects the camera, but doesn't seem to let me configure it properly. If I enter any number into "Width" or "Height", it gets coerced back to 1 -- this behaviour looks fishy.

Basler IP Camera - Unconfigurable.png

Thanks in advance!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,084 Views)

Hi,

It sounds like there may be an IP configuration issue preventing it from working.

First, lets see what IP address IMAQdx thinks the camera is on. The camera actually publishes two addresses, and perhaps IMAQdx is using the wrong one. If you click the Settings tab, what addess is shown? If it is not the link-local  (169.254.x.x) address, that may be the problem. You could maybe try assigning fixed IP addresses in an RFC 1918 subnet (10.x.x.x, 192.168.x.x, etc) to both and see if that changes things.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,073 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Hi BlueCheese,

Thanks for your suggestions. It turns out that the IP settings are fine (although I'd still want to set static IP addresses for the camera and the PXI controller before deploying the system).

I found the Basler camera's system log, which gets a new entry each time I try to start an acquisition from NI MAX: user.err mjpeg: { 2714} HTTP Error 503: Selected stream has wrong video type (1 != 5). I then discovered that (i) the camera defaults to H.264, and that (ii) IMAQdx only supports MJPEG, not H.264.

Setting the camera to use JPEG compression resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,059 Views)

Great! Glad you are up and running.

Out of curiousity, did you change the setting to H.264 or was that the out-of-the-box setting it came configured? The out-of-the-box setting used to be MJPEG. If that has changed, we may need to adjust some documentation to note this important configuration change an end-user must do to use the camera with IMAQdx.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,055 Views)

@BlueCheese wrote:

Out of curiousity, did you change the setting to H.264 or was that the out-of-the-box setting it came configured? The out-of-the-box setting used to be MJPEG. If that has changed, we may need to adjust some documentation to note this important configuration change an end-user must do to use the camera with IMAQdx.

It was out-of-the-box. I confirmed this by resetting the camera to factory defaults -- My "Encoder Type" setting then reverted from "JPEG" to "H.264 High Profile".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,049 Views)