Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx Get Image2.vi Issues...

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been running a machine vission program for some time now.  Recently I made an executable and installer to transfer it to another PC and am having issues.

The program stalls out when trying to acquire its first image.  It throws error -1074360293 at "IMAQdx Get Image2.vi".  As far as I can see, nowhere in the program is this function called.  The closest I can find is within the grab image VI, but that uses "IMAQdx Get Image.vi" without the 2 attached.  So I don't know why it's looking for it. 

Does anyone know where else this VI could be called from?  To try and solve this, I even installed the same Vision programs on the new PC to bring over the same files. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(8,894 Views)

possible to post vi or snippet?

-Otherwise very difficult to speculate where it's being called.

-is it occuring only in exe and not in development code?

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(8,886 Views)

Due to where I work and our security policies, I can't post screenshots or code.

Yes, only with the EXE... works fine on the development PC.

I was really wondering what other vision VIs may call that Get Image2 subVI. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(8,876 Views)

Which version of labview vision installed in development PC and target PC?

-In your development PC, check vision and motion->NI-IMAQdx->lowlevel VIs->IMAQdx Get Image.vi is present or IMAQdx Get Image2.vi?

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(8,868 Views)
  • Vision Aquisition Aug 2014
  • NI Vision 8.2
  • NI Vision 8.2 Reat-Time

Those are the programs on the source development PC.  After the EXE didn't work on the new PC, I put those programs on it to match the development one.  Still no luck.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(8,862 Views)

"IMAQdx Get Image2.vi" was added in the Feb 2015 release of Vision Acquisition.  It is an update to the older "IMAQdx Get Image.vi", but we still allow you to call this older function for backwards compatibility.  We also updated the Grab VI at this same time.  We renamed the Grab VI to "IMAQdx Grab2.vi".  If your Grab VI has a "2" in the name, it should be calling "Get Image 2".

You said you received error -1074360293.  In LabVIEW, if you go to Help -> Explain Error... it says the error is "NI-IMAQdx: (Hex 0xBFF6901B) Timeout."  This means that the camera did not send the program an image within the specified timeout.  There are many, many causes of this error, and we need to know more about the setup in order to debug.  What type of camera are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(8,849 Views)
But op told vision acquisition 2014?
That's why I couldn't get anything😞
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(8,844 Views)

Interesting... I do have a Feb 2015 disk.  I wonder if that's what I need.

Understood that the timeout issue could be almost anything.  The error indicator I put on my front panel happens at Get Image 2.  And since I can't find that VI anywhere on the computer, I'm assuming it can't find it.

That being said, I still don't know why it's looking for Get Image 2.  I'm using the older version of Grab, which uses Get Image.

I am using an older Pixelink firewire camera.  Once I iron this out, I'm going to be working on upgrading that next.  Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(8,842 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Leland82

You won't be able to even run the VI if LabVIEW cannot find the file.  But if you can run the VI, the file exists on your system somewhere.

The VI is actually inside an .llb, so a file search will not be able to find it.  Here is where it is located:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\vision\driver\IMAQdx.llb

The only way I can think of mixing the original and "2" versions of the VIs are if you modified the VI on multiple systems, and each system had different versions of Vision Acquisition installed.  I can't think of another possiblity that would cause this.

Message 9 of 13
(8,838 Views)

did you use ctrl+F and then search for IMAQdx Get Image2 vi in your code maybe somewhere of your code you have it but you do not know 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(8,812 Views)