From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx Error 0xBFF69011 (unable to get attribute) in NI MAX for USB camera

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to control a JAI GO-2400M-USB camera, I see the camera in NI MAX but every time I clicked on it I get the  Error 0xBFF69011 (see Imprecran_1.png).

I am using

- Windows 10 64 bits

- Labview 2015 SP1 (both 32bits and 64bits are intalled)

- the driver NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision 15.5.5.49152 (see Imprecran_2.png). 

If someone had the same problem before and/or can help me it would be great !!

NOTE: The camera works fine because when using the software and driver from JAI I can grab picture. However, I had to unistall  the JAI driver and software in order to see it in NI MAX.

Many thanks,

Violaine.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(7,439 Views)
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Utility and run Camera Validator then will get which property it is not able to get.
-Once report is generated look into C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Compatibility Reports and post the report to see which parameter it is failed to get.
-Then manually maybe you can remove it from the camera files and see if it works.
-Did you try deleting the camera files?
Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 18
(7,404 Views)

Dear udka,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I did what you suggest. I attached the report I got from the camera validator, it seems there's a password authentification problem.

I don't know which files I am supposed to modify now ? . The  .xml  ? If you have any ideas ?

Thanks again for your input,

Violaine

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(7,398 Views)

Windows 7

1. Navigate to the following directory:
    <Root>:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Data
  2. In the Data folder delete the .iid corresponding to your camera
  3. Navigate to the XML folder and delete all the .xml files corresponding to the camera.
  4. With all the references removed from the camera reconnect it; the camera will now download the updated XML file.

Ref:http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FCE7506A3AF7636C862576240072716D

-The above step will delete the camera files and creates new, let's see if it fixes the issue.

Edit: You mentioned Camera is from Jai and it is showing Axis IP Camera, did you use the camera compatibility tool properly?

Thanks
uday
Message 4 of 18
(7,393 Views)

It did not work. It recreates the same cam1.idd file and the .xml file.

In NI-IMAQdx/Data it seems there are two cameras (see file attached)

cam 0 (Axis IP Camera i don't know what it is I should delete it as well maybe ?) and cam1 which corresponds to the JAI camera. The .xml created correpond to the JAI .

I think you're right the report created with the Camera Validator was for the Axis IP camera I guess. Should I delete it and retry to run Camera Validator ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(7,388 Views)
Yes, try deleting everything unless you are no longer using other camera.
-other way is you can input camera name as cam1 to camera validator check usage here http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/EBE3BBBEF4FEA92786257225006FF242
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(7,365 Views)

Hi ViolaineV, could you please post the xml file for this camera so I can take a look? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(7,357 Views)

I've attached the .xml file. I think it is weird that the ModelName="GO5100USB" while it is actually the GO2400USB model. But the  name of the file is actually JAI Corporation_GO-2400_GO-2400M-USB_1.0.0.0_bebb6f6f84c06185d3ba2bbd2bf0b94ce7dced69.xml so maybe it does not matter.

Thanks for helping,

Violaine.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(7,352 Views)

OK now I have the correct report (see files attached). And the new error is  0xBFF69012: Attribute value is out of range.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(7,349 Views)

Hi,

I follow the intructions on the link you provide to get the attributes. I got the following file (see attached .txt). I don't know if it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(7,342 Views)