cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx Error 0xBFF69006 Invalid Address

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

in our company we develop cameras for welding. Since last year we implement GigEVision as the machine vision interface. We got the "compliant" at plugfest. It seemed to be fine. But if I want to use our camera with Labview, we run into problems.The IMAQdx tells me, I have a problem using NI MAX and Vision Assistant. It says "0xBFF96006 invalid address".

If I check the communication with Wireshark, I can see, that NI MAX wants to write to the Message Channel Destination Adress (MCDA) and the Message Channel Port (MCP) registers. Our camera returns "Invalid Adress", because we hadn't implement an message channel and the inquired registers are a not necessary if you don't have a message channel. The "Number of message channels register" has the value 0, but NI MAX doesn't ask for this value (at the Register 0x0900) otherwise NI MAX would "know" that there is no message channel.

My Question is, how can I resolve this error!?

I hope that you can help me.
Kind regards

Eike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,976 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author eike_sommer

Are the bits indicating EVENT/EVENTDATA capability in the GVCP Capability register set? It would seem if you support no message channels those bits should be cleared.

Eric

Message 2 of 3
(2,947 Views)

Ok

@BlueCheese wrote:

Are the bits indicating EVENT/EVENTDATA capability in the GVCP Capability register set? It would seem if you support no message channels those bits should be cleared.

Eric

OK. You win! That's it. I set these bits but don't support the message channel. Thanks a lot. Now it works 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,933 Views)