cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ WindDraw is missing in the function palette, but it's active on a VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I apologize in advance if I am repeating a previous topic, but I was not able to find anything close to my question. Also, I am quite new to the photo and video capture with LabView.

I am trying to grab photos and record video with a 3rd party functions from a camera manufacturer. I've been able to acquire an example VI, which I adjusted to fit my needs. However, there are some particular subVIs in it, like WindDraw and Dispose (think both are from the IMAQ sub-palette), which are there, but I can't find anywhere in the palettes. Now, I need to implement the AVI VIs for the video, but since I can't see the palettes (and they are not on the diagram) I've hit the wall with the video acquisition. I can't afford the IMAQdx. Photo capture with the 3rd party VIs works perfectly.

Can you guide me a bit here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,873 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pr07ec70r

did you means this palette?!
image.jpg

Message 2 of 4
(3,815 Views)

Yes, it appears that I can use the functions from the IMAQ (by copying them from other VIs) but actually can't create them by myself. I thought, that the regular IMAQ functions are accessible without the need of the Vision and Acquisition Software. Anyway, I managed to achieve the necessary result by using the ActiveX Invoke and Property nodes, with a 3rd party Control. Thanks for replying anyway! 🙂

Message 3 of 4
(3,798 Views)

Trying to interface to VI toolkit from FLIR; there are several VI's that cant be found. Using LV 7.1 - client supplied. 

Sub VI's can not be located so their sample CameraControl LabVIEWGUI_Advanced(Digital).vi breaks

IMAQ WindDraw

IRImage Acquire

IMAQ WindClose

IMAQ GetPallette

IMAQ WindDisplayMapping

sub VI's cant be found. 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,822 Views)