From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Vision: File I/O error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am getting the error in the subject line, trying to open a file that was aquired from an android phone via the "adb shell screencap" command.  I have attached the test vi and image.  I cannot seem to find the solution to opening this file without an error happening on "imaq readfile".  I have tried different image types on imaq create, and have also tried the alternate way of reading an image file called "imaq read image and vision info". 

I have noticed I can use the tool "imaq getimageinfo" to get the image parameter correctly.  I just can't seem to get labview to open the image without error given the tools available.  Please help.

P.S. I am running labview 2013 sp1. 

Thanks in advance,

David Jenkinson

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,333 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author david_jenkinson

Confirmation: Your code produces error code -1074395993 when executing "IMAQ ReadFile" when reading this png. I don't know what might be the issue of with this PNG. As a workaround you might want to use "Read PNG File" from the "Graphics Formats VIs" which does not have this issue.

ReadAndroidScreenShotWithGraphicsFormatsVIs.png

Message 2 of 4
(5,053 Views)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,943 Views)

Just experienced the same issue with a single png image extracted as a frame from a MP4 video using FFMPEG.

I have extracted thousands of images from a few videos and only seen this issue once (untill now).

Solved using "Read PNG File.vi" just as in the example above.

The image looks fine and I can open it in all other viewers.

One thing is special though, all image data is in a single IDAT chunk of length 4939998 (it is a 2704*2028 rgb image).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,214 Views)