From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Read Data Matrix Barcode 3 - Stops working in compliled VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have a really strange bug/error that I can't seem to solve. I'm using "IMAQ Read Data Matrix Barcode 3" to read an ECC200 barcode in an image acquired by a USB camera. This works fine in Labview, until I compile my VI, then the barcode read appears to fail. The Data Matrix report shows that the read isn't attempted in the compiled exe as the number of iterations is always 0. In my non compiled program, even if the barcode is not 'seen', the read iterations is >0. The error code is also very unhelpful (see attached png). I've also attached a png of my VI.

I thought it maybe an issue with the camera aquisition on the compiled VI, so also tried reading a barcode from an image file. Again, same happens works fine until the program is compiled. Any ideas?

Error

VI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,264 Views)

Try moving the create call outside of the while loop and add a few 100 milliseconds of dely inside while loop.  It shouldn't make a difference but worth a try.

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,251 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author noodles

Hi Noodles

The error you are receiving has the description “Unlicensed copy of NI Vision.”, however this is perhaps a little misleading. Are you running the compiled VI on a different computer? This error can occur if the Vision Development Module (VDM) or the VDM Run-Time Engine is not installed on the computer, see the section at the bottom of this Knowledge Base article, ‘Unliscensed Copy Error’.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F1699570F78FECBB86256B5200665134

If you are deploying to a different machine to the one you are developing your code on you could try building an installer to include the VDM Run-Time Engine as well as the Vision Aquision Software. The “IMAQ Read Data Matrix Barcode 3” function is from the VDM and so requires at least the Run-Time Engine to operate.

Hope this helps with your issue,

Joe P
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
Message 3 of 4
(4,213 Views)

Hi All

Thanks for the suggesttions, tried both and turns out it was indeed a licence issue. I had the vision dev licence activated, but not my vision runtime licence. So when it was compiled, it stopped working. All activated and fully working. Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,208 Views)