From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Load Image Dialog VI can't load images from Pictures folder in exe

I've found a strange behavior with the IMAQ Load Image Dialog VI that only shows up when it is built into an exe.

When using this to browse and select images, when I try to select an image that is in the Pictures folder in Windows (Libraries\Pictures), when running the source code in LabVIEW it works fine, but if it's in an exe it doesn't allow the selection.  See attached files below.

I'm running LabVIEW 2014 with NI-IMAQ 14.0.0.

Thanks,

Bruce

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,538 Views)

Hi Bruce,

When you say the exe doesn't allow the selection, do you mean the dialog box does not open at all or you are not able to select an image once the dialouge box is up? I ran both the dev vi and exe on my machine and they both seemed to work fine for me.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,488 Views)

Thanks for responding to my post and investigating so quickly.

The dialog opens in both the development mode and exe, but the exe does not allow me to select the image.  I can select the image, but the name is not placed automatically in the File name: box so it does not open.

Select Image dialog.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,482 Views)

Hey Bruce,

I see what you mean. When I select a picture in the top level 'Pictures' directory, it will not autopopulate the picture into the File name field. However, if i select a picture in another folder (for example if you open the Sample Pictures folder in your last screen shot) it lets me select the pictures contained there. It seems to follow suit if I select any other pictures within any other folder. It may be that something weird is going on with the top level 'Pictures' directory and that you need to create one additional folder to load images from. 

Try to select an image in the Sample Pictures folder and see if it autopopulates the file name field then.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,455 Views)

Yes, that seems to be the case, I can't select images that are directly in the Pictures folder.  I can select any image I wan't as long as it's not in the Pictures location!  Smiley Happy

I guess I can list this as a "known issues" item in my application (that gets distributed to our customers), but hopefully this will be fixed soon.  Can you make sure this gets on NI's radar to fix?

Thanks!

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,448 Views)

Hi Bruce,

I will ensure that this gets forwarded on through the correct communication channels over here. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,420 Views)