Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How trigger an external device from GIGe camera I/O

Hi all

My setup is like this:

PTgrey gige camera

LV 2014 sp 1 64 bit

What i am trying to achieve is this:

taking constantly pictures in a while loop ( ~ 1 fps) and do some processing in the loop with  the exposure time  set manually  based on the fluorescence of the material under investigation. Exposure time varies from 10 - 999 ms. I need to triger an external device from the camera I/O during the exposure time only. For this i am writting directly to the camera's registers. For long exposure times > 300 ms everything works fine but with shorter exposure  time (<150 ms) the image taking and the outpur signal is out of synch. I ve tried using the low level snap and grap but none of them works.

Isnt it fine to do single shot acquisition on every cycle or do i have to setup a buffer?

Who can please enlighten me on this.

Cheers

Billy_JJ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,279 Views)

Without knowing the exact model you are using (and exploring the manual) and having a better understanding of what you want to do, it is hard to give a perfect suggestion. However, generally most cameras will let you configure the GPIO output lines in a way that they will be synchronized with the exposure of the camera.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,264 Views)