From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How trigger an external device from GIGe camera I/O

Hi all

My setup is like this:

PTgrey gige camera

LV 2014 sp 1 64 bit

What i am trying to achieve is this:

taking constantly pictures in a while loop ( ~ 1 fps) and do some processing in the loop with  the exposure time  set manually  based on the fluorescence of the material under investigation. Exposure time varies from 10 - 999 ms. I need to triger an external device from the camera I/O during the exposure time only. For this i am writting directly to the camera's registers. For long exposure times > 300 ms everything works fine but with shorter exposure  time (<150 ms) the image taking and the outpur signal is out of synch. I ve tried using the low level snap and grap but none of them works.

Isnt it fine to do single shot acquisition on every cycle or do i have to setup a buffer?

Who can please enlighten me on this.

Cheers

Billy_JJ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,277 Views)

Without knowing the exact model you are using (and exploring the manual) and having a better understanding of what you want to do, it is hard to give a perfect suggestion. However, generally most cameras will let you configure the GPIO output lines in a way that they will be synchronized with the exposure of the camera.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,262 Views)