Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use .vbai file inside labview file

In Cognex (Vision Tool) They are using Quick Buid tool to do pattern match .. etc .

they are using .vpp file (from cognex ) they gives image as input and output is patern match result . 

likewise is it possible to do that in labview. 

by using VISION Builder (.vbai ) FILE 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,572 Views)

You can invoke Vision Builder AI from LabVIEW using the Vision Builder AI API.

This API allows you to open an inspection (.vbai file), and run it, retrieving images and results.

I invite you to look at VBAI API examples located in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI 2014\API Examples

Alternatively, you could use the Vision Assistant Express VI, located in the Vision & Motion>>Vision Express palette.

When you drop a Vision Assistant Express VI, you can configure an inspection, similarly to what you would do in Vision Builder AI (but without decision making capabilities, state diagram (that you can implement directly in LabVIEW), and IO steps).

When you click Next, you can select the inputs and outputs that will be available on the VI when you finish and return to LabVIEW. The Express VI will then execute the same algorithm that you designed in Vision Assistant, within LabVIEW. You'll have access to Image in, Image out, and the results you checked from that last wizard page.

Hope this helps,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,561 Views)

hi Christophe,

1. in Vision builder how to get results .. i mean "if i do circle edge find i need to get circle centre as output' but here i am getting pass or fail ?

2.in vision assistant is it possible to change the program in side after modiflying into ,exe file 

i mean (i need to chnage program in side vision asstant after making into application .exe .

(In cognex they are using .vpp file like vision asstant )

(they are giving image as input - and doing some process - gets result )

(they can modify the .vpp after making .exe also ).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,549 Views)