From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the video mode or resolution of GigE vision Camera in LabVIEW

Dear guys,

My GigE camera support three modes of fps and resolution for example 250 fps 640*480 / 488 fps 640*480  1076 fps 256* 256, the system calls a camera the default one (250 fps 640*480) start to act, I want to switch to different mode. 

I seaarched many websites, and I have tried IMAQdx Enumerate VIdeo Mode to set the height and width, but it cannot works. Also, the IMAQ video out display mode only have 640*480、800*600 and high resolution which I don't need. This problem has troubled me for several days.

Does anybody have any suggestions for change the camera mode?

Thanks for your help,

CoCo

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,943 Views)

this image will be helpful 

I atach axample vi elso answer.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,917 Views)

Thank you Hatef.

I have the LabVIEW 2012 so I cannot open your attachment.

Anyway, I followed it in LabVIEW 2012, now it doesn't acquire image. And I upload the vi, please test it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,914 Views)
I check your vi it is correct
just remind that some camera just support add number for mode
some just even number
some both of them
some of camers just have one mode and some of them more than 20
also with this method in your vi you can change video mode any time that you rerun your vi
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,896 Views)

Hi Hatef, Thanks for everything you have done.

Now the problem was solved.  I used the IMAQdx Enumerate Attributes.vi to get the attributes supported by the camera to find the attribute that controls your frame rate.

And then created a property node from the output of the Open Camera.vi and choose Camera Attributes and select Active Attribute to control the width and  height. 

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,885 Views)