Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save the files to a USB memory plugged into the EVS-1463RT

I am trying to collect images with EVS-1463RT by running a vi. The EVS has LV Real Time v13.0.1 installed. The vi runs well and save images to a folder ('C:\Images\') in the development PC. But, when I deploy the vi to EVS-1463RT, the vi cannot find the directory and nothing is saved in the folder. I am considering to save the files to a USB drive connected to a port on the EVS. Would it be possible to save the image files to a USB memory plugged into the EVS-1463RT? If so, what would be the file path to the USB connector?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,396 Views)

Good question.  I use a FTP server to collect images.  At first I didn't have a dedicated server so I had to configure my laptop for this purpose.  It would be good to store the images on a USB stick as you suggest.  Also, it wouild be good to store inspection variables to it as well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,393 Views)

I considered the option of saving the files with FTP. But, I thought it would be faster to save the files to a memory directly connected to. I may be wrong. Hopefully, someone can help me solve the issue . . .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,391 Views)

If you install something called "USB Storage Support" (not sure the exact name) to your target. Then your USB key should show up as "U:" on the target.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,389 Views)

Thanks for the information.

Then, the problem becomes where I get this "USB Storage Support". Search in the NI site doesn't tell me much other than something related to LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite. Is that what I need? I am not sure if I have it. If it is not easily available, another option can be using a CompactFlash card as long as I know the file path to use. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,384 Views)

The item that shows up in MAX to install to your target is called "USB Support". It should be in the big list of software you can install.

I can't recall how the CompactFlash works on that device. It may be that when using that drive it replaces the default internal drive with that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,378 Views)