Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform blob detection on a jpg image?

Hi, I want to perform blob detection on a jpg image. I downloaded the Image Processing library online. However the 'blob detection' block is missing. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,602 Views)

There is no particular blob detection VI. You have to do a series of processing operations and analysis functions to detect the blobs that you're interested in for example, thresholding the image, applying some kind of morphology and then doing a particle analysis on the image. Have a look at the following VIs:

I would think that either Vision and Motion -> Image Processing -> Analysis -> IMAQ Particle Analysis OR

Vision and Motion -> Machine Vision -> Count and Measure Objects -> IMAQ Count Objects

If you're not able to find these VIs, then check if you have installed Vision Development Module and not the Vision Acquisition Software since they are two different pieces of software.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Message 2 of 4
(6,590 Views)

My apologies for replying after a long time. Thanks for the reply. I knew about the Count VI Object-2 earlier. But, recently, I came across a pdf file that shows a block that is specifically used for blob detection. However, I am unable to find out which module this belongs to. I tried the Image Processing Module and an additional library avaailable online. But, it is nowhere to be found. Please go through the file attached and let me know whether the block doesn't belong to any of the outdated versions and if available, where.

Many thanks again for the strain you have taken for my sake.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,252 Views)

Hello,

the document you've provided is dated to November 1999. I haven't been using Vision module for that long, but I am sure that this function no longer exists in the recent versions.

Judging by the documentation, the "blob detection" was replaced with "IMAQ Count Objects". It has the same inputs/outputs, with some additional parameters/measurements (coordinate system, area, orientation, number of holes, etc...).

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,242 Views)